Tuesday, 15 April 2014

To Do list



Your blog needs some work. You have posted some research and planning, but you need to include more.

Make sure you upload all of your evaluation questions to your blog as the last posts.

Add a blog contents bar to the right hand side so that the examiner can easily navigate your blog.

Make sure that all embedded content works! This goes for slideshares and prezis.

Your blog MUST include a pitch, storyboard, shooting schedule and script. Details are on the AS media blog. You won't get a level 1 (E-D grade if these vital elements are clearly apparent!) Do these quick things and your blog will easily be worth a C grade,

Mr S

Sound Effects

Our sound effects include - Crowd noises, people speaking, traffic, sirens and light switches.

Film Poster

Main Film Set/Location

For a large chunk of the scenes we didn't to base it in a log cabin. It was a good location as the inside (Mise-En-Scene) was ideal, and well suited to nature of the film, it also had adequate lighting - and since we spent a reasonable amount of time in there it was warm too.
This is not our actual filming location, however it is an accurate representation of the basic location we used. Quite possibly the deciding factor for choosing this location was that it was free, again with small-no budget we needed to take advantage of what we would get hold of, and luckily it was available on the days of shooting.

Camera Stabilisers

Again, we used two different types of camera stabilisers for the film - A dolly, and a tripod We used the tripod for the stationary scenes, which mainly scenes that included tilt shots, pans or zooms.
I liked the tripod we used because it was a recently new model, meaning it was lighter, more versatile and was set-up easily, perfect for the type of film we were making as traveling was a big part of it all. The dolly:
The dolly was used for the scenes which involved us having to track a character or ones that were of panoramic nature. I didn't particularly like this dolly as it had a defect with one of its wheels, meaning i had to do a lot of compensating for it when moving as it caused the tripod to shake and move in odd directions - ultimately causing us to reshoot scenes multiple times because of this.

Lighting - Extended Breakdown

For the lighting in our film, due to a restricted budget, we had to make do with what we had freely available. We originally intended for more scenes in our film to require additional lighting, however due to certain problems we encountered, this was not possible and therefore we cut down the scenes needed. When we did use lighting we used these two lights:
A caged studio light - we used this as a source of continuous light, it provided the set with ample amounts of light which allowed our characters to be well light without it being totally obvious onscreen The second light was:
This "light sensor" light was used to add the flash effect in our prison convict scene, it provided the perfected effect and came free, something i know aren't always parallels in film making.

Equipment Breakdown

Firstly, the camera The film was shot on a Canon 600D SLR
The advantage of using this camera of other cameras is that its more versatile, more "beginner friendly" and has a really good high quality picture. It can also be fitted in with a lot of the accessories we used, e.g Dolly's, Tripods, and studio lights.

Thursday, 10 April 2014


The majority of the film did run smoothly. Props, costumes and locations all came together nicely when needed and resulted in a good quality shoot on the three filming dates.